Monday, August 16, 2010

Real Life

Sometimes fun or memorable moments happen when I don't have a nice (er) camera available. And so I use my phone. These have been piling up in my phone for a while now, and it's time to get them out to make room for more. I hope you enjoy these fun, candid, "in-the-moment" moments.

I remember this day, and when it happened I wanted to remember it forever. I had been having a challenging day with the kids that morning. I was moody, they were moody and we just needed to get out. We threw on suits and walked across the street. I am so blessed to live across the street from such a great kid friendly beach.

Anyway, we got across the street and I was just about at my wits end. It was one of those moments when you just didn't think you were cut out to be a mom anymore. I assume we all have those moments. So, I said a prayer, asking for help to have a little more patience, a little more fun, and find a way to relax and enjoy my life as a mamma to 2 busy kiddos. And shorly after finishing my prayer, it seemed that the sun came out, my kids played well together, they shared, and patience and joy consumed my soul. And I couldn't have been happier at that moment to be thier Mommy.











And if this wasn't cute enough, Tex walked around Eden just before we left to give her a great big bear hug for the first time ever. It was definately one of the Lord's tender mercies and one of the greatest days of my life.

Here is Eden one day at the Dr. I remember watching her and thinking she is sooooo grown up now. She just amazed me with how well she listened to me or the nurses and how patient she was with everything. She was super excited to have the blood pressure cuff put on, because we had just recently bought a Dr. kit from Wal-Mart and she had one of her own. I remember how cute and curious she was about everything.


I think it was at this same Dr. appointment that my Dr. gave Eden a coupon for free ice cream. I might have already blogged these photos. But, I was mostly confused when I took her to redeem the coupon, the child asked for Mint chocolate chip ice cream. What????? Not pink!!!?????
I bought Tex this floaty thing from Target, and the kid wore it around the house for days.

I love taking the kids to the swings!
And just recently Tex has started sitting in the big kids swings. What????? I know, I can hardly believe it myself.
Eden loves when we have the missionaries over for dinner, and I love watching her "show off"...once she gets over being shy. Here she is showing them all her princess credit cards, which are actually just playing cards. She calls all playing cards or flash cards her credit cards. It was cute watching her teach the missionaries the names of all the princesses. ;-)

I love this picture of Eden out in the front yard in her princess heels and tutu.


One day we got in the car and headed out in search of fun. I remembered that Eden's tri-cycle was in the back of the car, so we stopped at BYUH for a little fun. Tex was a little....no A LOT upset cause he wanted a turn to. And his sister is soooooo sweet, she was happy to oblige.

Well, I'll stop here for now, though I still have a few of these gems I'd like to post. But, right now it's time to get back to life in real time.

2 comments:

  1. Love the family photo and all the others are so fun to see as well. Cannot believe how grown up Tex is! What precious memories to share and yes, you are soooo very blessed to have that beautiful ocean right across the street from you! But that's not to say we wouldn't love to have you closer to us;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun... Matti you are an AMAZING mom! I look up to you and value your opinion more than you will ever know. You are also human, and need breaks of your own at times :) Your kids are so lucky to have you... Never forget that :)

    ReplyDelete