Friday, February 4, 2011

hacked, bugged, feeling violated

Just a bit irritated. I just tried to find my blog online...and the unthinkable, unimaginable happened. Google said, "BLOG HAS BEEN REMOVED."

Say WHAT???????????????

I wasn't sure if I should be mad, sad, sobbing, calling 911? I just imagined all the posts from the past 3 years of our lives

g
o
n
e

d
o
w
n

a

d
r
a
i
n

just. like. that.

Luckily, that was not so. Apparently some "suspicious activity" had been taking place on my blog, the sort of which I have NO IDEA. But, to take care of the problem Google froze my account. To which, I am actually grateful.

Now, I have signed up for the 2 part sign in. Which honestly, I suggest you do as well. It's kinda cool, makes me feel all high tech.

Here are the parts.

1. You put in your password and login.
2. You instantly receive a text to your phone with a specific code to finish logging in.

Kinda cool huh? I definitely feel much much muuuuuuuch more secure now.

And, in cooler news. I heard today that some company, mypublisher.com I think, is offering UNLIMITED PAGES in a hard cover book $35. Amazing ya? And after this evening, I am going to do just that. Print my blog in a book. I don't know what I would do if I lost all those fun posts and silly stories.

3 comments:

  1. oh man, that would be terrible! how do you sign up for that two part login?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah how do you sign up for that? also, i am happy to hear about this publishing option because i just downloaded the stuff for... brain freeze... what's it called? blurb? anyway, the popular one... yeah blurb i think, and i was bummed because i really don't want to pay that much to print our huge blog but i have been worried about my blog going missing all of a sudden so thanks for posting this! time to get the family journal made already! i've been blogging since 2006- i think i would cry my eyes out for two weeks or a year if that happened!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was wondering what happened. i wanted to look at your blog one day and it said it was gone! i am glad it is all sorted out now.

    ReplyDelete