Sunday, May 15, 2011

An Orange Sunset and Your Blueberry Breath on My Face











We cleaned the house a bit this morning, and headed out for the day. First stop, a few returns at Costco and run around to try as many samples as possible. A few laps through the isles on the bikes and we were off to the water park. We first rode the river a few times together. You love to swim by yourself cause you are brave like that, and every so often you grab our feet to pull yourself up for a quick snuggle to get warm. And then off you go again. Tex was excited as could be running from slide to slide. Everytime saying again! Again! He even wanted to ride the big slides. He watched in amazement as the older boys did cannon balls at the end of the slides that drop you 7 feet above the water. "Come!" He yelled as he tried to pull me over to the line.
I was able to talk him into riding a few more suitable to his size.









































Poor Eden wasn't having quite as much fun. She was pretty much cold the entire time. I guess she doesn't have the same padding Tex has, nor the wet suit. But, now and then she would brush it off and had fun anyway.




And I must say, I was extremely suprised and proud with how well you jumped from lilly pad to lilly pad, and stood in that long line with the big kids.






After the park we headed for treats and ice cream. Eden insisted she wanted candy and not ice cream. I went for it knowing how it would end...and I was right. Luckily Tex was willing to share his ice cream and Eden was slightly willing to share her blue swirly sucker.




On the way home, we realized it was perfect timing to enjoy the sunset on the North Shore. We decided to stop at the Turtle Beach to see if there were any turtles...and there was one basking and waiting to greet us.It didn't take long before the clothes came off and the two of you were in the water.We attempted a family photo with the timer a few times....watched out in the water for more sea turtles, and Eden was pretty sure she saw a whale out there too.
































And then the camera battery died.












That's when the sky lit up with colors. Purple and orange. It looked amazing as the back drop against a beautiful ocean lined with black rocks and dark green palm trees. I sat there looking, watching the sun go down, and smelled your blueberry breath on my face. I realized how blessed I was to be there in this spot on earth, at this moment, together with each of you.

2 comments:

  1. No doubt about it...you are truly a blessed woman and so am I for having such a wonderful daughter and family like yours:) Sure miss you guys...like TONS! Enjoy each moment because they fly by way too fast!!!:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very impressed with Eden and Texton's courage! Seriously. I want to do the waterpark all the time and then I wonder what exactly we would be able to do with Ambrose scaredy pants. :) Do you still have a season pass? What's the best deal- cuz I know you'll know! I want to hear more about that staycation too unless I am too late on that. Let's talk.

    ReplyDelete