Sunday, May 22, 2011

She said the darndist thing...again. ;-)

Yesterday Eden threw the tantrum that would top all tantrums when I dropped her off in the morning at he sitters. Kicking, screaming, hanging on to my leg, crying, and even saying the "s" word. "This is stupid!! I don't want to be here!!" All the while, her sweet and understanding, patient and saintly baby sitter was carrying her away kicking and screaming, working extremely hard to earn her small pay.
I was feeling pretty bad and embarrassed as I drove off, and feeling guilty for leaving her for 7 whole hours while I went to teach an equally dramatic 4th grade class. I was pretty sure Eden had woken up half of TVA considering it was only 7:15 in the morning.


Anyway, today, she was looking at some coral that she and her baby sitter had collected at the beach yesterday...and she was telling me about some of the fun things they had done yesterday, I hear her say with a sly little grin on her face.


"Hmmm... I guess it wasn't that bad. I guess I was wrong after all."

Oh that little character.

4 comments:

  1. hahaha!! fiesty eden!
    finally catching up on all the fun blogposts i have been missing out on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little munchkin!:) Glad she has such a sweet sitter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's hilarious! how is teaching going for you? are you liking it? you're substituting right? fyi i just read the next post about your day at the water park, beach, costco, turtle beach etc....it sounds like a bit of heaven on earth with your little fam :)

    ReplyDelete