Sunday, December 26, 2010

Karma


I practically had a heart attack tonight as I was driving and heard a noise that immediately put my heart in my stomach, or was it my throat? Anyway, I don't remember what I heard first....the car door opening or Eden saying "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!"


I turned around to see Eden holding onto the car door that was simultaneously swinging open as we turned through a busy busy intersection.


All I could see in my mind was the door swinging too far open and pulling her right out of her toddler booster chair, and plopping her right there on the street in the middle of the busy intersection. In those nano-seconds that seemed like an eternity, I prayed and hoped her seat-belt would hold her in tight enough till we finished turning the corner.


Thankfully angels seemed to hold her in, while Jonathon reached back to close the door. We turned down the next road to turn on the child safety lock.


Now I know how my Mom felt when about 24 years ago, I was the same age as Eden and did NOT want to go to church. I opened the car door as we rounded a corner. However, I didn't fare so well. I plopped right out of the car and landed in a ditch, tearing a hole in my church tights and skinning up my knees. My parents just scooped me up, put me back in the car, and I went to church just like that...skinned knees and all.


Ok Karma. I have been served. Please don't scare me like that again.


Thanks a bunch.

3 comments:

  1. Scary!! So glad she is ok and that you were too way back when! Sorry about those tights... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow!!! That is so scary!! I would have freaked. I'm glad you both are ok!!

    ReplyDelete