Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Are you kidding me?

So, there is this store called Fresh & Easy around the corner from my Mom's house...and I LOVE to visit it. It's a quick walk over there, and they always have tons of food on clearance.

I have always liked buying food when I visit the mainland. I just get a kick out of paying 20 cents a pound for oranges (as opposed to $1.19 lb). Or getting a gallon of milk for $2 instead of $5.50. It fills my inner desire to find a good bargain. Instead of buying another shirt I don't need, I just head to the grocery store for some 25 cent yogurt.

So, tonight my Mom and I thought it would be nice to walk the kids up to Fresh and Easy to see what we might find on clearance for dinner.

Well, while I was looking in the clearance bin I saw this bag of what sounded like delicious dried apple slices.

Right?

So, just now as I was avoiding going to bed (cause we all know it's way more important to catch up on blogs than it is to catch the correct amount of sleep), I thought, "I could use a little treat." So, I looked over the kitchen counter, found the bag of apples, opened it up, and took a bite.

To my dismay, it wasn't very tasty, and had a weird texture. And worst of all, it's scent had a slight resemblance to pee.

So, I turned over the bag and read this...

DOG TREATS? Are you kidding me?
No where on the package does it say DOG TREATS?

So, I look over the front of the package, because I am pretty sure that NO WHERE on the package does it mention that these are dog treats...and then, I notice this in a 6 pt font.

And of course there is that cute 1/4 inch dog in the back of the truck on the front of the package...so how could one not know that these are nasty dog treats?

Good thing I got them on clearance for $1.05 I guess....marked down from $2.99. And you can't feel bad about that! ;-)

8 comments:

  1. ha! matti that is so funny! hope you have a dog around to feed em too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha that is so funny! You think they would make it more obvious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha! that's awesome! oh, will you be back by feb2nd?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha!!! matti, i can't believe that!!!
    and i finally checked my email, so i added it on, i forgot you'd gone private!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very funny :) I'm sure Tex will love them ;) LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahaha. i can't stop laughing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still laughing with tears in my eyes...This blog deserves a medal:)

    ReplyDelete