Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Just because we wanted to...

This morning after attempting to put down a fussy Tex for a morning nap in which he refused to fall asleep for, I said to Eden, "Do you wanna go to the zoo today?" Of course, she said "Yes!" And 30 minutes later we were on the bus with a back pack full of granola bars and peanut butter honey sandwiches. And though the bus ride back home was a little crazy with 2 kiddos ready for dinner and bed, I'm still glad we went. Especially since they were tucked in by 6:30 tonight!

I couldn't believe Tex is big enough to stand on the little step at the monkey exhibit and see over the wall. I just can not believe it!
He didn't sit in the stroller, but instead just followed Eden and I all around the park. Though it feels like new found freedom for me, it is bitter sweet to realize again that my baby isnt' a baby.



As the bus pulled up to the Windward Mall, Eden looked out the window and said, "Hey Mom! Let's go to the mall. I wanna go to the mall." And I said, "You want to go to the mall? Instead of the zoo? Are you kidding me?"

"Yesssssss" She told me with a silly little grin on her face. Almost as silly as this one.

3 comments:

  1. What fun pictures...almost like being there with you guys! Sure miss you. They are growing up way too fast for grandmas!!! Both so cute;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are growing up fast :) Thanks for sharing the pics are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok hold the phone- TEX LOOKS LIKE A LITTLE MAN! I got sad when you wrote about the bittersweetness, but I think I am just weepy tonight. Tex, you are a big boy and that's OK cuz you're a cute one. :)

    We LOVE the zoo! I almost considered getting a pass when we were there but we only think to go once or twice a year so we will see. I love the backpack full of sandwiches and granola on the bus. I want to be that kind of mom all the time. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete