Thursday, March 10, 2011

The trip...where it all began

Sadly, I erased my pictures from the first half of our trip when I loaded my card onto my mom's computer. But, I was able to steal a few that she had put on walgreens and FB...thank you internet!

My kids did well, considering we had to drive ourselves to the airport. It took us 2 trips from our car into the airport to get everything checked in. We first checked the car seats, then walked back out to collect all our baggage. I remember checking to make sure I had EVERYTHING out of the car, because I was supposed to lock the keys inside on purpose so Jonathon could get the car after his meeting.
We made it through security, and they played with their toys nicely, and their new stuffed doggies, some blocks, and ate their McD's fries before we boarded the plane. A sweet lady helped me get through the agriculture check just before boarding the plane, and helped us to get to our seats. Eden was an ANGEL for 95% of the flight. Tex, he tested my patience for the most part. That boy knows how to throw a tantrum. I don't recall who slept, or when. I know it wasn't me. I may have been able to listen to part of the in flight movie...though now I don't remember what it was. Eden put together this puzzle nearly by herself. The one time I remember loosing it was when Eden accidentally spilled her lazagna all over the floor. Tex had worn me down by this point, and I was soooo ready to get off the plane and still had hours and hours to go. I felt really bad because she had been so good.

For the most part they watched movies on their player. We allow Eden to have a binky on the plane. Not only does it help her ears, it's her vice. It keeps her oh so mellow.

Oh yes....now I remember who slept. Eden fell asleep 40 minutes before we landed. Tex, he fell asleep as we touched down. And I could not wake either of them. I had to be helped off the plane by like 3 attendants. ;-)We finally made it to baggage claim, and I was so proud of myself for paying some guy with a big cart on wheels to get my suitcase, 4 carryons, and 2 car seats from the baggage claim and wheel them out to my mom's car. I NEVER pay for anything like this, but I am sure glad I did this time. My arms were going to fall off.

Here we are
I think it was almost 1 in the morning by the time we arrived. Grandma met us there with hugs and a bag of veggie straws in the car. We loaded up and headed to her house!

Eden was pretty stoked to see that big basket of candy canes waiting on the table for her.

1 comment:

  1. No worries...I still have all your pictures on my computer. I even edited them for you. Now I just have to figure out the best way to get them all to you:) Sure was a fun time for Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Micah!

    ReplyDelete