Wednesday, November 10, 2010

No pictures, but still a good story for the Grandma's and the record book

I was soooooo proud of Eden this afternoon. We went to the Dr. to get the kids their flu shots for the season.

As we were getting to the office, I was preparing Eden. I told her she was going to get 2 pokeys, and Tex was getting one. (Eden needed a DTap booster too)

So, I explained that Tex would get his shots first, and that he would probably cry. But that's just because he is little. And that though shots hurt a little bit, babies usually cry a lot.

Just before the Dr. called us in Ede started looking pretty nervous sitting there on the bench. At one point she looked over at me with a very concerned look on her face and told me, "I'm not so sure about this."

Finally we went back to our room. Eden's weight was taken...a whopping 33 even. Ha! I swear Tex is 35.

Anyway, while we waited in the room, she and I practiced pinching each other. I told her it would feel like a little pinch, and then the pain would stop. So I would pinch her, and she would pinch me back. She was starting to perk up just a bit.

The nurse came in and asked, "Who is first?" Eden quickly responded before I could, "I am! I am the most brave. I want to show Tex that it's okay."

She sat in the chair, flinched a quarter inch each time she was stuck with a needle, and held her breath. But not a peep. She was a champ!

Next it was Tex's turn. He sat on my lap, let out quite a little squirm and wail when he was stuck, but as soon as it was over, that was it! Not a cry out of either of them.

But, I was quite touched by Eden's bravery and desire to be brave for her little brother. She really is a sweet sweet big sister.

Afterwords, we celebrated at Angel's ice cream with a chocolate chip mint cone for both of 'em! I wish I had a camera to take a picture of those cute little blondies grinning from ear to ear as green ice cream dribbled down their chins. I just love those 2!

2 comments:

  1. such a good big sister.
    wow, you are so brave eden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the story, how sweet:) That's our girl!

    ReplyDelete