Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Some goooooood times with my girl

Lately, Eden and I have been having a lot of fun together. Maybe it's her age, maybe I am trying harder. Maybe Tex's new nap schedule gives us some time to hang out just the 2 of us. But whatever the reason, we are having loads of fun together.


Yesterday while Tex was napping she and I had fun practicing the numbers 1,2, and 3 together. We drew them, we counted things. We made our own gold fish game and played it over and over.

Today, before falling asleep together during quiet time, she asked me to read her my scriptures. So, I read the whole fist chapter of Nephi trying as I went along to read it in a language that made more sense to her. It actually started to make a lot more sense to me too as I read.

And last week we had a few other great times. Like the afternoon we were in Kaneohe, and I couldn't decide if we should drive home, go to the mall, or what...since Tex had just fallen asleep. Just then we drove by Orange Grove...one of my favorite frozen yogurt joints. Jack pot! In we went, and had too much fun taste testing while Tex napped, and we enjoyed our creations.





After our frozen yogurt, Eden asked if we could go for a walk. So, we ended up across the street at the Kaneohe library. She sat in the Keiki corner at a table to read her books by herself, and I went to the cookbook section to find something for myself. A few moments later I heard a woman saying, "Is there a Matti around here? Matti?" I turned the corner, and saw the lady with Eden. Apparently Eden needed to go to the bathroom so she found a mom who could help her find me.

After we checked out our books, and started walking back to the car, Eden just had to roll down the big hill. And I just had to let myself let her. I feel like lately I have been in a rush. And I don't even know what I have been rushing to do? Or maybe it's a desperate attempt to always be in control. I don't know, but I felt quite content to let go and watch her roll down and down and down that hill...just being the crazy kid she is.

And just this last week, she and I decided we wanted to eat at Surfin' Tacos as we were driving home from the play ground. But, once we got unloaded and inside, I realized I didn't have my wallet. So, we had to head home. But, luckily there was just enough in my purse to buy a side of pico and surf sauce dressing.
We headed home, put Tex down for his nap, and started to make tortillas from scratchand turned it into our own Surfin Tacos salad. And it turned out almost as muy muy delicioso as my time with Eden was.




2 comments:

  1. I love the way she is trying to copy your toothy smile:) so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a good mama! reading this made me want to have more fun adventures with my buddy ambrose. they are so much fun one on one!

    ReplyDelete