Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 2 Meaning behind my blog name


Meaning behind my blog name... Ok - How long can I make a short story? I don't feel I am as eloquent as many of you.

I think I may have wrote about this when I changed my blog name. Originally it was called "A Wiggle Worm" which I still like that name. But, I had named that blog after Eden (who was our wiggle worm when she was a baby.) And after I had Tex I felt bad having family something named after our first child and not including him in it.

So. I thought about what to change my name to for a while. Then one day while at church we sung the Hymn There Is Sunshine in My Soul Today. And the words to the song just really kind of stuck out to me.



There is Sunshine in my soul today

more glorious and bright

than glows in any earthly sky

for Jesus is my light


Oh there's sunshine

blessed sunshine

when the peaceful happy moments roll

When Jesus shows his smiling face

There is sunshine in my soul

I have always had this song as one of my favorites, in addition to the song Scatter Sunshine.

Basically I really really like the sun. And who doesn't? I imagine we all start feeling a little gloomy after not seeing the sun for a day or 2...or more. And just imagine how warm and wonderful it feels on your skin when it finally comes out again.
Well, like I said. It was the last line that stuck out to me most. When Jesus shows his smiling face, there is sunshine in my soul. And I feel like my savior, Jesus Christ, shows his love for me daily through his tender mercies, and all the blessings that he has placed in my life daily. My husband and kids, my family and friends, a good recipe, a funny story... So, the meaning of my blog title to me is that there is Sunshine in my soul. Whether the sun is shining outside or not, I want to find a way to find and share the sunshine that is in my soul. So my blog to me is a way to share with anyone who cares to read about the things that bring my soul sunshine...in hopes of putting a little sunshine in your soul too.

4 comments:

  1. I really like that:) You guys definitely add sunshine to my soul!

    Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very fitting blog title for you my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, luckily you live in a place where sunshine is abundant!! It's been snowy and gloomy here for the past few days and I'm really feeling it!! Better start singing the hymn. =)

    YES...we'll be around over the holiday break. FB me and we'll see up a time to meet!! =) --Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog name, I liked wiggle worm too! By the way your previous post with all the stuff about you is awesome! And, you look fabulous in your pic!

    ReplyDelete