Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!!

Ok, I think I have avoided posting this cause it's hard for me to admit that i am now a "later 20's". To me, 27 was later mid-20's. But, 28? That's just plain old late 20's.

Anyway, it was a fun day spent with my family. My favorite part of the day, was spending time with my kiddos and husband at Sizzler. For me it was a moment to share with the 3 people make up the majority of what my life is about. I don't think I'm a very good writer at times...so let me try and put into words my feelings about that hour I shared with the top 3 people in my life. To me, birthdays are a day for remembering and celebrating the life that you have had. And, my family is my life. We ordered the salad bar. And Sizzler honestly has an amazing salad bar I thought. You know how smells bring back lots of memories? Well, I think eating can too. So, whether i was eating sliced watermelon and oranges, and thinking of summers past, or having a taco, thinking about my days at USU with my gals enjoying some delicious Mexican, or ice cream and the many many family parties, or chatting with a friend while we enjoyed tomatoes and salt. So so so many of my good memories are centered around food. Probably since we eat to much for special occasions, or even just lunch with a friend. Anyway, it was really really fun for me to reminisce about so much in my mind...as I entertained 2 crazy kiddos, with the wonderful man I choose to build my life with. It was a great day!




Eden's concoction....yylllll, nasty.

TEx, if you grab my plate on more time... I'll smother you in kisses!!

And a few nights later my awesome friends surprised me with a party with veggies and fruits galore. We stayed up past midnight...just chatting. The way we do best. But sadly, if there are no kids involved...we rarely have a camera around. And so, I just have memories and pictures in my head...of my awesome friends sitting around eating broccoli and carrot sticks with me. With a side of strawberries and pears. And nuts for dessert. ;-) Aren't they the best???

4 comments:

  1. love you and your family!! happy birthday to you and eden and tex!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had a good birthday!!! and i am still thinking about all the cute stuff i saw in your house today! makes me happy.

    and i totally agree about food memories- i can tell you what i ate at almost any special time in my life. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday! :) Glad it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Matti!! Sounds like a great celebration. =)

    ReplyDelete