Thursday, April 29, 2010

An interesting surpise...

Today was pretty much one of the funniest moments I have had with my ZANY 3 year old. Eden has gone through a few days of what I would call Tyrannic 3's. She's testing just about everything possible, and it's making me a little crazy.

So, today when I was at my whit's end...I sent her on her way to her bedroom. And I planned on leaving her there for possibly the rest of the evening. After a good 5 minutes or so, she was whining about needing to go to the potty...and I ignored her. She had whined about needing to potty 10 minutes earlier while in Time-out. When I let her out of time out and asked her if she needed to potty she told me she didn't need to go anymore.

Bounce-back to the bedroom. Screaming Eden, fists banging on door, "I gotta go potty!!!" But, I am not going to give in so easily. I have a little melt down in my room, throw myself a pitty party feeling like the worst mother in the world basically...wondering how I can get through to my crazy child that there are certain ways we do and don't behave.

Anyway, I decide it's been long enough, and I open the door to let my monster out to use the potty...and I kid you not.

I opened the door, and the sweet little thing handed me a cup and said, "Mommy, will you poor this in the potty for me, please?"

I, a little confused, "What is this?"

Eden replied, "Shi-shi"

"You shi-shi'd in a cup? Are you kidding me?"

"I didn't want to get it on my panties Mommy."

I gave her a hug, and pretty much felt proud as punch that I had the most brilliant kid on the planet. Pee in a cup? Eden....what will you think of next? I probably didn't say it enough times today...but I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaahhh. and while I'm here, I was going to post this. Does your bed-time routine include a surf ride on Daddy's shoulder's??

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is so hilarious! What a smart little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny;-) Love the surfin' picture too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, eden!!! matti, she's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to stop being so hard on yourself silly! I envy your parenting skills!

    Eden is sooo funny and what a smarty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very very impressive! im gonna tell ambrose about this and see if the peer pressure works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little Eden is so smart!! The surfing picture is really cute!

    ReplyDelete