Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The count-down to 1


I can't believe Tex will be turning 1 in 10 more days. I feel like I keep waiting for time to slow down, or for him to be little again. It seems like he was my little baby for the first 2 weeks of his life and then he grew up on me. I keep thinking I'll wake up and it'll have been all a dream and that I really did just come home from the hospital 3 days ago. I can't believe how quickly the past year has gone.

One of his new favorite hangouts...
And tonight, he was throwing a major fit while I was trying to feed him his dinner. Then I figured out what the problem was. He wanted to hold his own spoon. He sure made a mess, but it was a lot of fun.
While he was feeding himself, I remembered a trick I learned from my mother-in-law. Give the baby their own spoon to play with while you feed them! Then they will have their hands busy while you fill up their tummies. I'll use it tomorrow. Which reminds me of a tip my friend gave me the other day for hats and babies. Give them a hat to play with when you put a hat on their head. Worth a try huh?

5 comments:

  1. mattie, this is so pathetic, i totally forgot to add your blog to my list of private blogs and just discovered that your blog went private and have forgotten to look at it for way way too long. so i feel like a total dork right now and need to go catch up on your blog life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tex has found an interesting and probably predictable "hang out";-) Loved the new born photo. Yes, time goes by way too fast! I still like to think of you as my baby and now you're miles away...and with your own babies. They will love having all the wonderful moments you have recorded for them. Great job mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww tex is turning ONE!!!! was it really a year ago that I got a girl for a day or two? time seriously flies.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. tex man. what a man. a manly man of men. few men become the kind of man that tex man has become.
    ( i am singing this with a tune in my head but it isn't translating well to this comment. so just put these words to a random tune and voila, it will be amazing)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, i can't believe he's gonna be one soon. such a cute little man!!!

    ReplyDelete