Thursday, March 11, 2010

Want to go to the zoo???


I mean... Savers then maybe the Salvation Army and dumpster diving and then the zoo? Poor Eden. I think I tricked her yesterday. I told her we were going to the zoo. But, somehow my car ended up parked in front of Savers for nearly 2 hours. I am a torturous mother...I know.

While wandering through the isles, Eden is trailing behind me. Then in a nasty voice I hear, "Move out of my way!" Yes, it was my own Eden's nasty voice...shouting at some man in the isle. I made her apologize to the poor guy, and say more politely, "Excuse me please." Embarrassing...

I really wish I had taken a photo of my 2 kids tearing apart my wallet like there was no tomorrow while we 3 were huddled in the small 3x3 dressing room...waiting for me to try the stuff on that I didn't end up buying anyway (cause I swear I'm going to lose 10 lbs.) The wallet kept them well entertained and away from escaping out the space under the door while I was half dressed.

Finally, on to the zoo. However, 5 blocks away from Savers Eden shouts, "I need to go potty!!"

"Can you hold it?" I ask. "Noooooo..." And she starts crying. I pull over at the first spot I see...which just so happens to be in front of an officers car. He is a stones throw away from us directing traffic.
I question in my mind if it's legal for kids to pee in public. (Seriously, what do you do in the middle of down town with a kid whose gotta go...and another toddler in a carseat?) She does her business, away we go.
Back in the car, Eden starts shouting again, "Move out of my way!" I turn around and say, "No, we don't say that. That is rude. Say it nicely please." To which she responds in a sweet and high candy coated voice, "Move out of my way!" Oooooh...the funny things that come out of her mouth.
Then, as we are driving down the road...I spy a pile of trash waiting for the dump. It looks like it has a cute side table. I pull the car over...unload both kids. We walk over to take a look. The table is in un-usable condition. But, I did score an awesome princess couch. You'll see photos later. I cut the cover off...discarded the nasty couch. Washed it in detergent and bleach...came out good as new!! I'm so excited.
And finally, 4 hours after the time we left our house...we made it to the zoo!


Here she is telling the monkeys to get down. That it's too dangerous to be up so high.

She had a hard time leaving the goats. "Eden, it's time to go."
"I can't go mom. They are my friends, and I love them."



Tex was pretty excited...definately needs to learn how to be gentle. ;-) Luckily this goat was patient.
Looking at a llamma


Llama's point of view... ;-)
We learned that these aren't turtles...they are tortoises....but you probably already knew that.



She was so busy monkey-ing around on the Elephant statue...she didn't even notice the real ones for about 5 minutes. Tex is always entertained by birds. It's so cute.

Then, she finally saw the real elephants and shouted, "ELEPHANTS!!!!" And ran as quickly as her skinny legs could carry her, while wearing shoes that are 2 sizes to large.

It was a fun day together. And they slept the ENTIRE way home...plus the 20 minutes we sat out front of Dad's office waiting for him to come out. They were sure tired. Good job zoo!

4 comments:

  1. I'm with Eden. ELEPHANTS!!! My favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's been a while since we've gone!! looks like a fun time! and that's what i always end up doing - spending more time at savers or whatever store longer than i ought to. and my kids get so mad at me.
    eden and tex are sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun adventure. Savers or zoo...that's a tough choice. But I agree on the elephants! Looks like it has not changed all that much since we were there many years ago. I've always loved that zoo;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are so patient and you are all quite the shoppers! We never. But it's ok. :)

    I wish we would have gone to the zoo too- looks like loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete