Friday, February 12, 2010

From the mouth of Eden...


I love the stage that Eden is in right now. She often says the funniest things. She uses the funniest faces and different voices when she is talking. I love it when she calls me or Tex "honey". Or says, "Sounds like a good idea" or "it's a deal". I always think I"ll remember some of the most funny ones. But sadly enough... I just don't. So I wanted to post a few of my recent favorites before they slip my aging mind. ;-)


A little pep talk on the potty:

A few weeks ago (sorry if you find this gross)

She was sitting on the potty and said, "Come on out poopoos! Don't be scared. It's not scary."


Not so profound...

So, tonight I was reading my Relief Society lesson manual out loud, while Eden sat by me eating olives from her fingertips. I read the first line. "Why did we need to leave Heavenly Father's presence? Why do we need a Savior?"


Honestly, I was just reading out loud. I wasn't looking for a response. But she quickly said, "Why do I need Jesus to save me?" as she placed her hand on her chest. "Why does Eden need to be saved?" And as she is saying this, the look on her face is so serious. And the fact that she was using hand gestures had me completely drawn in. I couldn't believe she seemed to actually really understand what the question was asking. I was waiting to hear what might possibly be the most profound thing I had ever heard...and it was about to come from the mouth of my own 2 year old!! "Yes Eden, why do you need a Savior?"


To which she replied,

"Because Jesus is going to put candy canes in my bucket! He is going to give me lots of candy canes. And I am going to eat them!"


Which I guess she is probably right if I think about it. On the Eden scale of awesomeness, a bucket full of candy canes is just about as awesome as eternal life.


Tonight while praying...

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for Mommy. And thank you for Daddy. Thank you for brother, and for Mommy and Daddy. Thank you for my toys, and for my olives. Thank you for doggies and they begin with b. And for my ball and it begins with be. And my big ball and it begins with b. And my little ball and it begins with b. And for bubble gum, and it begins with b.

And for most of the day lately, she walks around saying..."_________that begins with a" or b or c, etc.....too fun!

4 comments:

  1. Love the insight of an "almost" 3 year old;-) It helps to keep us all connected to things that really matter...I am all for a bucket of candy canes! Wish I had been better at writing things down when you were little:( Good job, Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smart little girl. She seems so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. guess ashley's 'b' lesson was fresh in her mind, huh??
    and candy canes = to eternal life. simply put, awesome.
    she is such a sweetie!!
    oh, and i LOVE olives, too. used to eat em off my fingertips as a wee one myself, still do.
    love that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray! i see happy school is paying off big time :) She is so precious and this is truly such a fun fun stage! In some ways I wish they could be 2-almost 3 forever and of course somedays I do not... but most of the time I am lovin every minute of it! I need to start keeping track of what ambrose says too because i always think i will remember to tell thomas when he gets home and i never can.

    ReplyDelete