Wednesday, February 10, 2010

There is no stopping it...he's growing up

Well,

I have started weaning Tex. It came about pretty quick, and I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. It mostly just makes me sad that I have to accept that he isn't my teeny tiny baby anymore. Actually, he never was a teeny tiny baby. But you know what I mean. But, he was relying too much on nursing and wouldn't eat many solids. Which meant he was still waking up 3 times a night. And I just couldn't handle it anymore. He is finally sleeping through the night.

But...He has grown and changed so much in the past 4 days!
It started with me switching him over to formula.

Then, the next morning as Jonathon was leaving for work Tex waved as he walked out the door and said, "Dy dy dy dy"....which I am assuming is his way of saying by by. ;-)

Over the past few days he has tried taking a few steps here and there. I better hurry and catch it on "film" before he's walking like a pro. It's so cute to see him stumble out 2 or 3 steps....but watching it sometimes breaks my heart.

And tonight at dinner he started saying, "Ma ma ma"!!! I was soooo delighted and clapped for him! And I'd say "Ma ma" to try and get him to say it again...and he'd clap for me! ;-) OOooooohhh...he is such a sweet heart. I just love him.

And just in time for Valentine's Day, tonight while i was washing him and getting him ready for bed I gave him a big ol' kiss. And he came towards my face and gave me a big kiss too!!! I kissed him, he kissed me back. Kisses and giggles back and forth....oh what a fun night. I called in Jonathon (who was helping Eden finish her dinner) so he wouldn't miss out on all the kissy fun. Daddy gave him a kiss, and Tex planted a good open mouth baby wet kiss licking Daddy's bottom lip. Over and over again. It was too cute! Then he gave Daddy a kiss on his scruffy cheek. He wasn't too excited about that and decided he'd given enough kisses for one night.

And that is it....can you believe it??? He is really growing up. And I wish I could just pause him for just a moment. But I can't. And I truely thank my Heavenly Father every night as I tuck each child in bed. No matter how exhausted I may be...I thank him for each and every day I have to spend here on this earth with my 2 little angels...make that 3

Life wouldn't be nearly as sweet without them.

4 comments:

  1. Amen! I sat back and sighed tonight after the babes were in bed and thought - what a wonderful day!- and isn't that great. :)

    I can't believe how grown up Tex is too! Too fast, but too sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know how I felt about you...it just keeps getting passed on from one generation to the next.

    In special ways you will always be "my little girl"/angel as well;-)

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was "make that 3" a hint that you are expecting or am I reading too much into it?? =)

    What cute kids...you are such a great Mom to be thankful for everything even through the exhaustion. I need to be more like you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love you and yours. and little tex is getting big!!

    ReplyDelete