Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How My Extra-Special Helper Totally Impressed Me

So, you would think that my little Eden isn't very strong. Tough? Yes. Strong...hmmm. She's pretty petite. It's pretty funny actually. If you tell her she's small she'll say, "No, I'm big" and if you say, "Eden your tall" she'll usually respond with "No, I little". And ever so randomly during the day she may run up to you and say, "Mommy, I so tall huh?" But, that is not the point of this post. It's just something I want to remember.

Below you'll learn why I was impressed...
Today, I was dying for a change in my bedroom. I just wasn't digging it's current layout. So, while Tex was taking his morning nap and Eden was watching her princess sing along DVD, I began tearing my room apart. And I mean apart. I pretty much emptied it out from top to bottom and dumped it's contents in my living room. I hoped to finish before Tex was up.

Anyway, I took EVERYTHING out. Except the bed. I needed to turn the bed the opposite direction. But, since my room is so small, you can't just twist it. It needs to be taken apart. I lifted the super heavy mattresses off the frame and leaned them against the wall. The matresses kept falling over, unless I held them in place. But, I couldn't hold them while trying to turn the bed frame. So, I called in Eden-my extra special helper. I asked her to hold the mattresses against the wall (matress AND box spring). My tiny 2 year old. She pushed and pushed against those mattresses with all her might. It really was amazing. Then she helped me lower and lift them onto the frame. It was awesome. I really couldn't have done it without her.

And when we were done moving the furniture, we jumped around on my bed and ate chocolate to celebrate till Tex woke up. Then headed to the store for an icecream treat!

I think I thanked her 20 times today for the amazing job she did. And she was so proud of herself. Even when Jonathon came home today and saw how the room was different he said, "Whoa! How did you do this?" I can't believe what an amazing girl she is. Not just because of her strength and her determination to do things that some might find impossible (like climb a 10 foot tall chain link fence...yes she did that at the playground today). But, she is also one of the kindest most gentle and tender hearted people I know. She is always looking out for others, and wants to help everyone be happy. And I can't believe she's mine. I feel so lucky! I love you so much my little Eden monkey girl!!!











3 comments:

  1. What sweet memories;-) Sure miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a great helper! I hope my little midge is the same way. She seems so sweet! (And a little dare devil too!)

    PS: That picture of you and her is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing all those pictures. So much fun! It's amazing what kids can do when they decide they want to help.

    ReplyDelete