Sunday, February 14, 2010

What a BEAUTIFUL day...

I hope you don't mind... but I think this post goes well with the song I have playing at the moment...so, I'm not going to change my music just yet.
Today truly was a Lazy Amazing Day.
We got in the car, with no particular place to go. We had swim suits, Costco coupons, change of clothes, snacks...but no plan.
First stop was a garage sale. I'm so lucky that Jonathon allows me to indulge (very often) and follow random Garage Sale signs.
1st sale Eden and I walked away with a copy of 1 Fish 2 Fish Red Fish Blue Fish and a new Peter Cotton Tail crib sheet

a few blocks further down the road was a HUGE rummage sale at a local church. About 90 minutes later we were loading the car up with $14 worth of our new loot...which included

A new toddler car seat for Tex
A lot of outfits for both kids (25 cents a piece)
a new shirt for me (mustard color)
some curling ribbon for all the b-day parties we have coming up
A high chair/booster
A blender for $1
A paint set for Eden complete with paint roller, paint brushes, paint, and finger brushes...I am sure you will soon be seeing a post solely devoted to this new paint set.

After that? A stop at Down to Earth (Natural foods store)
I've been wanting to start sprouting (ie: alfalfa sprouts, sprouted wheat, sunflowers, etc) and grow some wheat grass. We got a few treats for the kids and 2 sprouting jars...I can't wait to get started!!

When we were loading up the car we noticed some pigeons in the parking lot and went over with the kids to feed them.









Eventually the birds became a little aggressive and started pecking at our ankles...so we headed to the next stop.

Lanikai Juice for a smoothie bowl, and Taco Bell for a few Cheese Roll Ups for Eden.

On our way out of Kailua, I spotted an Open House sign and we decided to swing by. Jonathon stayed in the car with a sleeping Tex, while Eden and I went in and explored a 1300 sq feet 3 bed 2 bath with a rooftop balcony, condo...that we would never be able to afford. But, it was fun to dream for a moment. Eden loved the Koi at the entry of the complex.

And after that...onto the Makapuu lighthouse trail to watch a good 10 or more whales breaching, and slapping their fins and tails at the water waving at us.
see??


Well, thanks for reading my lengthy post to this point. From here on out, I'll let my photos do the rest to explain this Lazy Amazing Day on Valentine weekend. BTW...thanks sweety, for choosing me to be your eternal Valentine and for showing me each day how much you love me and our family. Today was no exception.










(photos taken in succession -Jumpin off dad's shoulders)

(Another succession- Swinging down backwards behind Dadda)


And for her final trick...where did Dadda go?

4 comments:

  1. i love enya. and i love your family and what a perfect day with some really really awesome pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what fun pictures! You guys sure live in a beautiful place;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good gravy that IS a perfect day! how fun! seriously- and those pictures are so so great. you are really good at capturing the love in your family. the sunset pictures especially and of course the sequences. love them all. love you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely sounds like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete