Thursday, February 4, 2010

Don't even know where to begin... Let's start with Happy!

I guess I have been neglecting my blog for a few days/weeks because I have probably 2000 or more photos from out mainland trip...plus everything that has been going since we returned back to our little rock under the sun. And I just don't know where to begin???

Too bad the real sun seems to be hiding today.

Today, I am sitting in a quiet house at 10:13 AM. Tex is napping, while Eden is at Happy School. My friend elloquently described in on her blog here. She's an English teacher...so it's hard for her not to make great blog posts.

Well, the hours of Happy School just so happen to be during the time of Tex's morning nap. Which means an hour and a half of whatever I want to get done time. Today, it's catching up on a few chores, a few blog posts...and we'll see what else. Tuesday it happened to be my workout time. ;-)


So, does Eden like her new Happy School? Well, I will tell you this. Tuesday, we were driving to school. Eden was in the back singing songs and talking about going to see all her friends there. But just before we arrived she said, "Mommy! I don't wanna go to school. My tummy hurts. I wanna go home. I don't wanna go. I feel sick." Poor thing. I didn't want to force her into something she didn't want to do. I am no big advocate for pre-schooling kids. If they want to be home with their mom's then so be-it. But, I had a feeling she would really enjoy her new little school and being with all her friends what are pretty much her exact same age.


So, I talked her into trying it just 1 time, and if she didn't like it she didn't have to go back. And I'd wait in the car incase she wanted to leave. She decided that deal sounded a-ok. So, she wandered into Happy School with a smile on her face. (30 minutes late might I add? Our van's battery was dead, and I didn't know where school was being held since my friend had moved. I showed up at her old house where she used to live and the poor guy standing there in his jammies at 9 in the morning, didn't look too pleased with me.)
Anyway, so I dropped Eden off. She walked in and sat down with everyone no problem.

When I went to pick her up a while later...she was sooooooo well, Happy! ;-)
We got into the car, and as I drove away Eden said this.


E: Thank you very much mommy!

M: You are welcome Eden. What are you thanking me for?

E: For taking me to school. It was fun! I love school!!

M: You loved school? I knew you would have fun with your friends. See? I'm so glad!

E: I know mommy. I was like wha whaaa whaa. I don't wanna go to school. And I was so sad. And now I Happy!!!


Thank you Happy School. And thank you Aunt Ashley for making it such a fun first day!!! Thanks for all the time and love you gave to my kiddo. And you know what? She thanked me again today too. ;-)

5 comments:

  1. That is too cute!! What a sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so cute! and guess what? ashley told me that today eden and ambrose were whispering, giggling, and KISSING during story time!!!! ah!! what are we gonna do about those two??? haha! :)

    thanks for my little present too- i put it on the ironing board in my room when i got home and every time i walk by it i get a happy feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eden is one of the coolest little girls i know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kissing, huh?? uh oh!
    haha!!
    how can she not have fun with all those other kids??
    love that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL That's our girl! What can I say...she comes from a long line of kissers;-)

    ReplyDelete