Saturday, February 20, 2010

Thank goodness for retail therapy...

We had a good time shopping yesterday. We hit up Wal-Mart with our gift certificates from Christmas, Target for their 50-75% off valentine candy sale, and Goodwill in search of a Princess blanket for Eden's bed. I was going to make her a cute princess quilt, but by the time I bought all the materials it would cost about $20, and then by the time I finished putting it together, she would probably be out of her princess stage (ha! ya right).

But, we did find Goodwill in Pearl City, and for $3.99 found the perfect princess blanky. And it's now lying happily on a little girls pink bed. And guess what? Last night was the fist night in MONTHS that she has slept in her own room all night long.


I'll post pics of our goodies soon. But in the meantime, I thought we looked pretty funny walking out of Goodwill yesterday, so I had to snap a photo. Tex was sleeping in his car seat when we got to the store. I felt bad waking him since it was his 1st nap of the day and it was 4:30pm. Eden was pretty tired too, so I put her in the umbrella stroller, attached Tex's carseat to the handle bar on the side. While shopping, we found a cute toy shopping cart for Eden, so she is pushing that with all our goodies inside, while I push her...walking through the parking lot. We made quite the train.

3 comments:

  1. You are so ingenious;-) Looks like you all had a good time including Tex in deamland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! You're brave to take the kids shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like how you juggle everything like that.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete